The new armored Toyota Hiace is a popular and convenient solution to safe personnel transportation. The vehicle offers a spacious interior, while the enhanced armoring offers a high degree of protection while travelling. The value of this vehicle is truly unique for its class - it presents an extremely affordable solution for a wide variety of CIT and human transport missions in low-threat environments
- SINGLE SHEET DOOR ARMORING – for optimum blast survivability.
- OVERLAPPING ARMOR – on all doors and bullet catcher to prevent penetrations into the cabin from direct and angled
- HEAVY DUTY DOOR HINGES – bolted directly onto Ballistic Steel not the OEM vehicle.
- FIREWALL – with very few pieces and overlapping armored steel.
- REINFORCED A, B & C POSTS - heavy duty door hinges allows the weight of the armoured doors to be transferred directly
to the reinforced ballistic steel posts.
- TRANSPARENT ARMOR – with certified ballistic multilayer glass and polycarbonate.
- ENGINE CONTROLE UNIT & BATTERY PROTECTION – protected to level B6.
- ROOF & FLOOR - protected to level B6.
- FUEL TANK - protected to level B6.
- RUN-FLATS - in all tyres including spare wheel meeting NATO requirements of 50km@50km/h.
- SUSPENSION - upgraded and includes heavy duty springs, heavy shock absorbers, steering damper, reinforced sway bars & bushes for optimum performance.
- FINISHING QUALITY – made to match the OEM design with required modifications.
- FIRST AID KIT – fire extinguisher, warning triangle and anti IED mesh in the exhaust included.
|BS EN 1063|
|AMMUNITION||CORE TYPE||VELOCITY||KINETIC ENERGY||BS EN 1063|
|22 Long Rifle||Lead Core||360 m/s||168 J||BR1|
|9mm Luger||Lead Core||360 m/s||518 J||-|
|9mm Luger||Lead Core||415 m/s||689 J||BR2|
|357 Magnum||Lead Core||430 m/s||943 J||BR3|
|44 Magnum||Lead Core||440 m/s||1510 J||BR4|
|357 Magnum||Lead Core||580 m/s||1716 J||-|
|7.62mm X 39 PS Ball||Mild Steel Core||750 m/s||2048 J||-|
|5.56mm X 45 SS109||Lead Core With Hard Steel Penetrator Tip||950 m/s||1805 J||BR5|
|7.62mm X 51 NATO Ball||Lead Core||830 m/s||3272 J||BR6|
|5.56mm X 45 M193||Lead Core||990 m/s||2009 J||-|
|7.62mm X 39 API BZ||Hard Steel Core With Incendiary Tip||740 m/s||2163 J||-|
|7.62mm X 51 AP||Hard Steel Core||820 m/s||3295 J||BR7|
|7.62mm X AP (WC)||Tungsten Carbide Core||930 m/s||3456 J||-|
|7.62mm X 54R B32 API||Hard Steel Core With Incendiary Tip||854 m/s||4303 J||-|
- Five side armoring of passenger compartment (roof and
verticals) to provide protection against 7.62x51mm M80 NATO
Ball ammunition at zero degree obliquity angles.
- Floor of the vehicle is fitted with a blast protection to protect occupants against fragmentation from simultaneous detonation of two DM-51 German ordnance hand grenades or equivalent.
- Vehicle’s armor plates are stitch-welded using
high-intensity MIG welders. The above process ensures the
structural integrity is uncompromised by thermal and
chemical variations of the material.
- Ballistic steel interior frame provides overlap and backup
protection for the large-surface principal impact areas such
as the doors and windows. All door/window openings are
- Some OEM vehicle features/equipment may be removed or
disabled to accommodate for the installation of the armoring
materials and other equipment required as a part of the
- A combination of glass, polycarbonate and Mylar are bonded
together using the latest technology, producing one of the
finest transparent armors available while incorporating the
Glass thickness: 39mm.
Anti-spall shield protecting against shattering glass.
Multiple impact protection.
- All original OEM interior panels and trim will be resized
or modified and re-installed wherever possible to obtain as
close to an original look as possible.
- The cargo area of the vehicle is protected by a swing door
with view glass/gunport,
without disrupting the original manufacturer’s appearance.
- Armor overlap at all doors to prevent penetration through
door posts and pillars.
- Door pillars reinforced to accommodate the additional
weight of the armored door.
- Heavy Duty door hinges, designed and manufactured for
extended longevity and easy maintenance.
- Heavy Duty door travel retainers.
- All electrical equipment standard to this vehicle shall be
tested and modified as necessary to protect against the armoring process.
- Any additional (optional) electric equipment installed on
the vehicle shall be individually fused; all wires are
loomed and clearly marked, as required by vehicle safety
6. Run Flat Tyres
- Runflat devices fitted in all vehicle tires.